Digital Leaders Dinner and Awards
Click here to view the photo’s of the Digital Leaders Dinner and Awards.
ND13 Attendee list.
The 8th National Digital Conference, ND13: Going Digital, took place on 11th & 12th June 2013 at the Congress Centre in London. Hosted in association with Go ON UK, Lasa and Rewired State, this landmark event brought together an influential network of over 250 senior Government, business and NGO leaders to explore the role that technology can play to transform the nation’s skills, businesses and Government services.
ND13: Going Digital focussed on practical delivery, exploring how to co-design, fund and promote digital skills, enterprise and citizen centric services to make the UK a competitive digital nation. There was an interactive format this year with delegates seated cabaret style to encourage debate, group discussion and a two-way dialogue and feedback between the speakers and delegates.
- Day 1 focussed specifically on Digital Skills exploring practical solutions, best practice and partnerships to build and sustain a skilled digital society.
- Day 2 focussed on Digital Enterprise, examining how to support and drive growth in the SME sector, as well as how to work with and empower Government to support and a sustainable digital economy.
There was thought-leadership and plenary input from leading politicians, technologists, and leading voices from across digital community, with headline contributions from:
- Baroness Martha Lane Fox of Soho, UK Digital Champion
- Lord Young, Prime Ministers’ Adviser on Business and Enterprise
- Eva Eisenschimmel,Group Marketing and Brands Director, Lloyds Banking Group
- Tom Wright, Chief Executive, Age UK
- Mark Davies,Communications Director, Post Office Ltd
- Tom Loosemore, Deputy Director, GDS
- Phillip Blond, Director, ResPublica
- Rahul Chakkara, Director of Online, Talk Talk
We would like to thank this year’s conference chair, Dr Mark Thompson, Senior Lecturer in Information Systems from the University of Cambridge Judge Business School and Strategic Director at Methods.
The evening programme included the Digital Leaders Dinner and Awards which saw 150 sit down and dine to celebrate the digital sector’s achievements over the past year with more excellent entertainment and late night networking before the second day.